Buying a Home in South Scottsdale
What You Can Expect Working Together:
Ideally, we would meet to get to know each other and for me to learn what you are looking for in a new home, your timeframe, and to answer questions you might have.
As you can see, I feel it is important to support local businesses.
A couple of ways I do this:
- Provide you a list of properties on a clip board in the order we will be seeing the homes, along with a summary of recent sales for similar properties. Lots of buyers like to take notes as they see properties as a way to remember one property from another.
- Schedule the day so you have plenty of time to view each property, leaving time for you to get a good feel for each property and community.
Researching a property or community can provide some really useful information for a buyer:
- Estimation on how many new properties should be coming to market over the coming weeks or months
- How much negotiating room you might have with a seller, based on recent sales
- How long properties are staying on the market and if a particular property has been on the market previously and/or if it has fallen out of contract with a previous buyer
The more information you have, the better your final decision will be on a property.
Once we have found a property and you want to make an offer, the buying process will start to get more interesting.
- First, I will research your property and show you what the local sales have been and help you determine an offer price you are comfortable with
- Second, I will contact the selling party and find out if there facts that you should know (other offers, seller needs to move quickly, previous buyer canceled contract)
- Third, we will go through the purchase contract and I’ll explain any terms that are set forth in the contract (along with addendums) and timelines that will have to be met on your side as the buyer and for the seller.
Once you are comfortable with everything, I will send the offer over to the seller.